Mrs. Ng Gim Choo
Founder and Group Managing Director – EtonHouse International Education Group
The EtonHouse Group was founded by Mrs. Ng Gim Choo in 1995. Prior to setting up EtonHouse, Mrs. Ng worked as an audit manager in Ernst & Young and then a partner in an audit firm. Her motivation to enter the education sector stemmed from her experience as a mother in the UK where her children went to school in London where they were extremely happy, engaged and stimulated by the experiences offered. She gave up her career in auditing and decided to establish a similar school in Singapore.
In EtonHouse, she provides strategic leadership to the Group and focuses on curriculum and staff development with an emphasis on establishing new standards of excellence in international education.
Apart from being a successful businesswoman, Mrs. Ng is a mother of three, an avid golfer and an enthusiast of Chinese Art and calligraphy. Her three children benefited much from her involvement in education. Her daughter graduated from Yale university with a PhD in linguistics; her older son a well-known writer in Singapore graduated from Colombia University and has a Masters degree in Creative Writing and her younger son who was an investment banker in New York has joined the EtonHouse Group, devoting his heart to learning about EtonHouse and how to contribute to society through education.
- Through carefully selected partners and well-thought out strategies, Mrs. Ng successfully spearheaded the expansion of EtonHouse across Asia.
- 2004, Mrs. Ng was awarded the Woman of Benevolence (ai xin shi zhe) by Suzhou City in China for her significant contributions towards helping the community and promoting cultural practices.
- 2009, Mrs. Ng Gim Choo became the first Singaporean woman to receive the Freedom of the City of London, one of the oldest surviving awards in the UK for her contribution to international education.
- Ng raised more than $110,000 for various charities as part of EtonHouse’s 10th Year Anniversary celebration and was actively engaged in several philanthropic initiatives such as the Sichuan earthquake and the Japan disaster. She also donated her cash prize of $10,000 for scoring a hole-in-one at the Warren Golf Club Charity Open to Pathlight School.
- 2011, Mrs. Ng Gim Choo, Founder and Group Managing Director of EtonHouse International Education Group received the Jiangsu Friendship Award, the highest prize that the Jiangsu Provincial People’s Government has established for foreign experts. She also received the Honorary Citizen of Suzhou award in the same year for her contributions to the city of Suzhou.
- 2013, Mrs Ng received the ‘Foreign Friend’ award from the Mayor of Yiwu in China.
- In 2015, to celebrate the 20th anniversary for EtonHouse, she started the EtonHouse Community Fund, a standalone charity dedicated to improving the lives of children through education. At the launch of the initiative, she was instrumental in raising more than $300,000 for charity.